Leadercath arterial packs
All you need in one pack to meet current guidelines, clinical and patient needs
Leadercath arterial offers the ‘classic’ Seldinger technique plus a host of benefits dedicated to patient safety and ease of use.
- Inserted using the classic Seldinger technique for a higher success rate
- Anti-kink collar maintaining patency
- Winged hub for secure fixation
- Red hub for easy identification
- Soft tipped guidewire for easy insertion.
Leadercath can be inserted in a variety of arteries, the most common sites for the placement of this catheter are the radial, femoral and the dorsalis pedis artery.
When it comes to the insertion of arterial lines into small vessels, the procedure can be technically challenging, particularly if the patient is hypotensive or peripherally vasoconstricted. Using the Seldinger technique adds the reliability of a confirmed arterial puncture prior to advancing the catheter into the vessel. In practice, studies have shown the Seldinger technique has demonstrated a significantly higher rate of success than the direct threading method.